29 March 2010

Lannan Symposium: Literacy, Literature, Democracy

On April 6th and 7th, The Lannan Center for Poetics and Social Practice at Georgetown University will be hosting a symposium on Literacy, Literacy and Democracy, featuring an opening reading by Dave Eggers, and continuing through the following day with discussions, panels and readings, culminating in a tribute to poet Lucille Clifton on Wednesday evening, April 7th. Full schedule at http://lannan.georgetown.edu
We hope to see you there!
Carolyn Forché
Director
Lannan Center for Poetics and Social Practice
Georgetown University
37th and O Streets, Washington D.C. 22057

2 comments:

  1. Wish I could fly over! I know I would learn a great deal.
    Best of luck to all the dedicated people who're taking part in this event. Good vibes from Buenos Aires!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...I see it already happened. Still, I know it must have been highly successful.
    Best!

    ReplyDelete